TMS is the proud sponsor of IAEE’s (International Association of Exhibitions and Events) “MATSO MEET” (Major American Trade Show Organizers ) a monthly virtual session designed to draw on the shared experiences of large show organizers to gain collective insights not only from each other but from expert guests as well.
July’s MATSO MEET covered the latest updates from the catering industry and how to move forward with food preparation for upcoming events.
Here’s a summary of the key takeaways from the event:
- State/city regulations take precedence over corporate guidelines when on-site
- Good communication on both sides is imperative to make the best event possible
- Food & Beverage is the most visible safety-related item
- More people are interested in a plated, controlled meal for safety and pricing purposes as opposed to a buffet
- Increase in cost due to adding more serving personnel & temp agency shortages
- Labor issues are expected to be a challenge for the foreseeable future – work with your caterer to be collaborative on solutions
- Get information out sooner to caterers
- More focus on quality vs. profit
- Flexibility and understanding are key to success
- Always have a “Plan B”
Visit iaee.com/matso to learn more and register for upcoming events.