Updated January 3, 2023
Transportation Management Services (TMS) (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the TMS website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the website. By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Website is the TMS website operated by TMS.
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
- Data Processors (or Website Providers)
Data Processor (or Website Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the websites of various Website Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Website and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
TMS uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website
- To notify you about changes to our Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website
- To monitor the usage of our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, websites and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
TMS may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
TMS will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, TMS may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
TMS may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of York Solutions
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. TMS aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us: (firstname.lastname@example.org or (301.260.2070)
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where York Solutions relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a resident of California, USA, you have certain data protection rights. TMS aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us: (email@example.com) or (301.260.2070)
CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that TMS disclose certain to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal data.
- The specific pieces of personal data we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal data. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal data or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discount or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of goods or services.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Website Providers”), provide the Website on our behalf, perform Website-related websites or assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Website Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics website offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google websites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing website is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
AdRoll remarketing website is provided by Semantic Sugar, Inc.
You can opt out of receiving personalized ads served by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads seen and following the instructions provided. Please note that this “opt out” function is device- and browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”: thus, if you delete your cookies, upgrade your browser after having opted out, or switch devices, you may need to opt out again.
You can also opt-out of AdRoll remarketing by visiting this AdRoll Advertising Preferences web page or using the e Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out tool, which will allow you to opt out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or websites.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: tms.com